The busy holiday season is just around the corner, with Thanksgiving kicking off next week. While Thanksgiving may be a time of great joy as the family gathers together for good times and delicious food, it can also be a time of great risk. Without the right precautions, cooking hazards and home damage can occur.
Here at Jeff Munns Agency, we hope you and your loved ones have a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! To help you accomplish this, we’ve compiled a short list of helpful tips:
- Check your smoke alarms and consider replacing their batteries before you start cooking.
- Keep children away from stoves, knives, and hot foods and liquids.
- Stay inside and watch the food when cooking.
- Flames in the oven? Keep the oven doors closed!1
- Watch your chimney! 30% of house fires are caused by chimney fires.1
In the case of any accidental damage, please refer with your local insurance agent for any potential policy coverage.
Are you in need of home and auto insurance? Contact Jeff Munns Agency! We are a full-service independent insurance agency. We are here to help provide you with the right combination of service, coverage, and premium.
1 Safety information provided by Auto-Owners Insurance.
The informational and safety statements made within this article are for general description purposes only, not legal advice. Read our disclaimer.
© 2018 Jeff Munns Agency, Inc.